«[…] gaining more and more success from critics and customers with labels ranging from the surprising Chardonnay Paint It Black to the classic Barbaresco Roncaglie, passing through the many younger brothers of the winery: straight Barbaresco, Barbera d’Alba and Langhe Freisa. The passion for the Metodo Classico, now made from Nebbiolo grapes, will soon give birth to new labels in Alta Langa.
Barbaresco Roncaglie Riserva ’15, elegant and fresh, with its enchanting harmony, elegant and fresh, with its persuasive hints of tar and mint that re-emerge in the long finish.
Paint it Black has caused a stir in the sleepy world of Chardonnay of the Langhe, on its third release with the 2018: it offers olfactory touches of hazelnut, citrus fruits and sweet spices, while the palate is very rich and enveloping but also endowed with an inviting freshness»
– Gambero Rosso 2021
Reviewed in this guide:
- Barbaresco Roncaglie Riserva 2015 – Tre (3) bicchieri
- Langhe Chardonnay Paint It Black 2018 – Due (2) Bicchieri rossi
- Barbaresco 2017 – Due (2) Bicchieri neri
- Barbaresco Roncaglie 2016 – Due (2) Bicchieri neri
- Barbera d’Asti 2017 – Due (2) Bicchieri neri
- Cisterna d’Asti De Scapin 2017 – Due (2) bicchieri neri
- Langhe Freisa 2018 – Due (2) Bicchieri neri
- Langhe Nebbiolo 2017 – Due (2) Bicchieri neri
- Barbera d’Alba Superiore 2017 – Un (1) Bicchiere nero.